Thursday, September 14, 2017

Book? Paddle? Gift?

The spanking inventory seems to have aided in lifting my spirits.  I'm lighter today, even though Eric packed his bags once more and is traveling until next week.  Rather than sit at home pouting, I tried some good old fashioned shopping therapy and bought Remarkable Creatures to read while he is gone. Meredith had mentioned it in one of her posts. At the bookstore, I decided to surprise my husband and got him one of the latest John Grisham novels, a hefty hardback of 373 pages, to keep him entertained on the planes.

When Eric came home for lunch and to pick up his suitcase, I had the book wrapped in yesterdays newsprint with a heart shaped card cut out of red construction paper tucked inside the front cover. I wrote something corny about completing our inventory when I track down those three missing paddles and figured he'd use my note as a bookmark and a reminder to finish our task.

Eric is a squared away, solid, distinguished, intelligent businessman but put a present in front of him and the hands of time tick backwards at record speed. He's suddenly a child again.

"Can I open it now?" he beamed, eyes bright and sparkling.

I gave a nod but before I was even halfway through the motion, the paper was on the floor, the card had fallen out of the book and under the table, and Eric was leaning in for a kiss.

"Thank you Sweet Pea," he said, puckering up.  "You really shouldn't have."

I got on my hands and knees to retrieve his card but as I reached for it, Eric very sternly said, "Don't you move Amy Lynn."

My hand pulled back and I steadied myself as he raised my dress above my waist, exposing my panties.

"You - just - had - to - buy - the - hardback - didn't - you?" he asked, each word being accentuated with a loud hard smack from the book.  (Check it out next time you're in an airport, library, or bookstore.  That novel easily doubles as a full blown paddle!)

I lurched forward and grabbed the note when he finished and taking the book from his hands, placed my card back inside.

"Are you mad at me for real?" I asked, rubbing my right cheek, which seemed to have taken the bulk of the spanking.

Eric shook his head.

"Of course not," he answered.  "I love the gift."

Then he passionately kissed me and slapped my backside one last time, giving it a squeeze before pulling away.

"You do own a library card, though," he scolded, tucking the book in his bag.

We walked to the door and said our good-byes and though I was focused on the farewell, my mind was suddenly flooded with thoughts of PK's latest post, "Do you tell on yourself?".  I believed I always do, but for whatever reason I couldn't bring myself to mention the other book I'd bought.

Well, at least it was a paperback!

Amy

16 comments:

  1. LOL! I love it. As Cassie would say, you're not hiding things just because you give every detail. I love the sound of your relationship. You're very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very lucky, PK. When I've been through some down times, questioning our love, and then finally pull out to where we are now; I just want to kick myself. That man is incredible. Why I waste time overthinking, I'll never know.
      Amy

      Delete
  2. Amy,
    Love your sweet post and how well things have smoothed out at your house.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having had such a rough time lately, it feels amazing to be so happy and relaxed right now. Even though he's off on another six day trip, I'm not upset or feeling lonely or anything because all I feel is loved.
      Amy

      Delete
  3. ahh..paperbacks don't count! Sounds like a great send-off!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was and because of it, I'm relaxed and looking forward to reading my book and planning some fun times when Eric gets back. I know he's going to spank me for the paperback. I just hope he uses the paperback instead of reaching for that darn Grisham book again!
      Amy

      Delete
  4. Well one could argue that you didn't really have TIME to mention the other book- or the moment made you temporarily forget~LOL. Actually you could just text him a " Oh I forgot, I bought a paper back to keep me company while you're gone too".

    Happy to hear you are feeling a bit lighter today. Here's hoping that feeling continues into next week!
    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One could argue the TIME factor and now that you have mentioned it, One (me) probably will.

      It is so good to feel carefree for the moment and no matter how short or long this period lasts, I'm going to cherish every single second of it.

      Amy

      Delete
  5. This one was so sweet. I loved that you got a gift for your guy as well as yourself. It's the unexpected things that mean so much. I hope your week without him is still a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a long time since I've done well without Eric here, even though lately having him home with everything we are both dealing with hasn't been fun for either of us. It felt great giving him that book and now I'll read while he's away, imagining he's doing the same. I love that man so much. We finally got a chance to find that connection again.
      Amy

      Delete
  6. Hi Amy, nice post. Hope you have a good week
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan. I was afraid you were mad at me for being such a complainer a few posts back. Eric read your comment and said, "If I am ever out of town and can't get you in line, I'm just going to call Jan. She'll set you straight!" Thank you for the comment, by the way. I did need to get a grip and I'm really starting to feel some stability take hold. FINALLY!
      Amy

      Delete
  7. Glad you're feeling happier Amy. The frequent separations must be hard.
    Hope Eric enjoyed the book, I'm a John Grisham fan.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rosie, It is hard being apart but when we take the time to care for each other even when we can't be together, it is manageable. We both have very full lives which helps a lot. We also have lots of plans in place during the time he is home. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Amy,
    This was a wonderful way to say goodbye to your honey! Maybe little gifts will make Eric's absences less painful.

    I used to tuck dirty notes into Sam's socks when he had to travel for business. He was always so glad to be home.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ella,
    I used to write Eric love letters and make him presents. I think one of our all time favorites was when I took a picture of all of our spanking implements and toys and pasted it on a piece of cardboard. Then I cut it out in about ten pieces; his very own personal puzzle. Now that was fun!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Thank you even more, if you decide to comment. :)