Saturday, September 30, 2017

"Amy Lynn! You little thief!"

I admit it.  I was quite proud of the fact that I "lifted" a great Meme from Jz, who had taken it (with permission) from Olivia.  It was fun and the more bloggers who jumped on board and joined our band of thieves, the happier I felt.  Why, I loved having partners in crime and I wasn't afraid to say it, even brag about it to Eric, who was being rather silly between layovers.

"Amy Lynn!  You little thief!" he chided.  "What if the other HOH's find out you are the one who instigated this robbery and led their wives into a life of law breaking tendencies?!"

"Is stealing a Meme really breaking the law?" I asked.

"Aaaaamy!" Eric used the long version of my vowel in his warning against the mouthy questioning of authority.

"Show me the penal code," I demanded.

Eric responded, with a laugh, "You said penal."

Oh brother.  Once a man, always a man.

We bantered back and forth about twenty minutes more and then his flight was called.

"I've got to go," he said hurriedly and I pictured him gathering up his coffee cup, laptop case, roller bag, newspaper, and phone; reluctant to end the call but needing to slip back into work mode.

"You tell your fellow thieves that when I get home," Eric threatened in a most delicious tone of voice, "Ms. Amy Lynn is going to get her ass reddened, ten swats for each partner in crime."

So dear blog friends, allow me to THANK YOU all for playing along, as I now certainly have something to look forward to upon Eric's return.  Oh, and for those of you who have slipped "into a life of law breaking tendencies", my bad! Please accept my apologies.

Amy

24 comments:

  1. Yes, PK. You do come across as the helpful sort of gal. ;)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops Amy, I have joined the band!
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you have Jan. Looks like I owe you one. Oh wait, I owe you ten! Ha ha. Amy

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed being a partner in crime.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ronnie! Couldn't have a band of thieves without ya! Amy

      Delete
  4. Awww, Amy,
    I wasn't sure I was going to have time to participate, but you've got me thinking maybe I should. If nothing else, but to "lend a hand" to your numbers!
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, please do "lend a hand" Baker. It's a quick Meme and we'd all love to get to know you more. :P Amy

      Delete
  5. I'm about to join your den of thieves, Amy! That should help your spanky count! ;) Very fun! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, Katie. My "den of thieves"! Yes, yes. Please join us. (Oh geez. I'm becoming a Meme dealer. LOL) Amy

      Delete
  6. Amy,
    You are so funny! Borrowing memes has been happening all of the time I have been blogging......... it is kind of like borrowing sugar. We bloggers borrow memes. I love having you here with all of us.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meredith, I've thoroughly enjoyed this little game because we all, meaning this band of thieves, are showing a truly great sense of humor. Maybe being spanked allows us to relax a little and be silly instead of always trying to be perfect. Love ya! Amy
      PS- I do need to borrow some sugar. :)

      Delete
  7. Do you remember the phrase, "Love isn't love 'til you give it away?" Well memes are like that, too. They are meant to be shared.

    Any reason for some attention on your ass is always to be anticipated, Amy.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. You said it, Ella. And by my count, I think I'm up to nine thieves in the den. Let's see, 9x10=90! Eric's homecoming will be a warm one for sure. :)
      Amy

      Delete
  8. Oh, Amy, I'll feel guilty if I do this meme now, not just because of the theft but adding to your spanks. I have visions of Eric reading out each thief's name before each set of ten...
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so funny Rosie because I have the same vision. I imagine Eric forcing me to write the names of all of my accomplices on a list and handing it over. Tee hee. Do play along, my dear. Any guilt surrounding this Meme and spanking can be chalked up as guilty pleasure. :)
      Amy

      Delete
  9. I might have to come out of hiding and do the meme too just to add to your number.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please! If my entering into a life of crime gets you out of the shadows for a quick hello, it's totally worth the extra ten swats! Come play, Blondie. :)
      Amy

      Delete
  10. I've had fun being a partner in crime. so ten swats coming your way from Eric because I joined in the fun. Woohoo!
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindy! This silly little ride has been quite enjoyable and I'm sure, upon his return, Eric will be thanking you all as well. To date, I believe we are up to twelve. 12x10=120! Amy

      Delete
  11. Well I won't be doing the meme but it looks like you've got that more than covered.
    Enjoy each playful moment with your guy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Laurel, We are up to 13x10=130 so it's pretty well handled! If we thieves get out of control, we'll look to you as a level headed chaperone. ;)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Figures, the one time I steal a meme and someone else is going to benefit from it. (You can thank me later)
    *giggles* Penal ... they never do grow up, do they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. No, they never do. Tell Garf I'm willing to give up half my swats if he dishes them out to you. What are friends for?!
      Amy

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Thank you even more, if you decide to comment. :)