Wednesday, August 9, 2017

The Belt Makes a Point - Straighten Up Amy Lynn!

Roses are red
And so is poor Amy
The house is a mess
And Eric did blame me

He has been working
I'm off for the week
He used his belt
On cheek after cheek

My cleaning plans
For closets and drawers
Had everything emptied
All over the floors

But then there were phone calls
Invites to lunch
Followed by shopping
And I bought a bunch

Boxes and bags
There was a ton more
He told me to take it
All back to the store

He said we were saving
And that was my plan
"You'll stick to your goals,"
He said, as my man

I have a sore bottom
Must get the house done
Before I can have
Anymore shopping fun

I wanted to yell
And put up a fight
But deep down I know
He was totally right

Pouting Amy

8 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, oh dear, hope this week is getting better
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the house it getting cleaner. I promise you that!
      Amy

      Delete
  2. No pouting, Amy. Clever format for a post! Now back to cleaning. :)

    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clean, straighten, pout. Clean, straighten, pout. Move to the next pile. Repeat. Clean, straighten, pout. Clean, straighten, pout.

      Delete
  3. Amy, sorry but I couldn't help laugh. Hope your bottom isn't too sore.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only sore enough that I've cleaned up my messes the entire day while on my hands and knees rather than my typical, Indian style. Ouch!
      Amy

      Delete
  4. I loved how you have written this post....clever...sometimes we just need motivation to clean.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am lying in bed reading over the past two years wondering how things got so screwed up in the last six weeks. I think I should shut this down and go clean something. ;)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Thank you even more, if you decide to comment. :)