Tuesday, August 1, 2017

"Oh girl, somebody is getting spanked tonight!"

I have a new car.  Trying to do the hybrid earth-friendly save-the-world kind of thing but still getting used to pushing the start button instead of turning a key and everything else that goes along with technological advances.

Image result for car start button

I had lunch with the gals from the office today.  No big deal.  We sat outside at a little bistro gossiping about our pick for Rachel Lindsay on The Bachelorette. (I was out of the running when she dumped Dean Unglert, my first choice and the next Bachelor in Paradise.) We toasted to kids going back to school soon, discussed the countdown to Labor Day shoe sales, and filled the hour with vanilla chatter.  About halfway through, I got a text from Eric.

"Amy. Did you forget something when you went to lunch?"

Uh. No? Uh. Maybe? Uh. I don't know?

I responded with a quick "?" as I try not to be rude and on my phone when I'm at lunch or with friends.

"Go to the car."

Eric's text was clear, but come on.  I was at lunch.

"I'm at lunch."

Warning: When your husband, out of the blue texts, "Go to...", seriously consider your actions if they are other than his request.

"NOW!"

Image result for NOW

I jolted when I saw that.  Jumped up, excused myself, and went out to the parking lot to my car.  I didn't see anyone.  Confused, I texted Eric back.

"Now what? I'm here."

It didn't take long before I went bright red.

"Look at the car.  Is it running?  Did you forget to turn it OFF before you went to lunch?"

OMG.  The darn thing is so quiet, I didn't realize it WAS still on.  Totally embarrassed, I scrambled to turn it off.  Then I sat back in the driver's seat absolutely humiliated and wondering how Eric knew.

"OMG," I texted. "I can't believe I did that."

"Oh girl, somebody is getting spanked tonight!"

Image result for spanking paddle

Before heading back to the restaurant, I called Eric, who was laughing hysterically.  One of his sales people had seen my car running in the parking lot, nobody inside, and busted me with a phone call to my husband.

Think of me tonight, bloggers.  I was pretty quiet during the rest of our lunch... because I wasn't eating with any of YOU!  Vanilla friends are fine until you have a spanking hanging overhead and need the support of your other friends.  Wish you were here.

Amy-in-trouble

10 comments:

  1. Amy,
    I have done that as well. Our hybrid scares people as we drive through parking lots and I have left it running. I have never been called away from a lunch with friends. We do not spank for those kind of things. Become sassy and mouthy regarding all that, and the spanking does occur. I am rooting for you.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Mouthy tends to get me in trouble as well!

      Delete
  2. It is a new car and you're still getting used to it, maybe Eric's laughing when you called him means it won't be so bad??? I'm wishing you luck with this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Laurel. Eric did find it amusing and he wasn't mad. If anything, he felt badly that we hadn't gone over all of the features, etc. in the new car. He's a good guy. Seriously. Amy

      Delete
  3. I'm late to this one, so I hope it wasn't too bad.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad, Baker. Actually, quite good! :D
      Amy

      Delete
  4. Hi Amy, that has happened to my husband twice! He discovered because he couldn't lock the doors! Hope you are okay now
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all good Jan. And thanks for the comment. Nice to know I'm not the only one this has happened to. Technology is amazing and frustrating and amazing and...so on.
      Amy

      Delete
  5. Lucky you with a new car Amy. Hope you don't forget too often.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lindy. I do feel lucky to have this little monster. Now if I'd just remember to turn it off. LOL
      Amy

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Thank you even more, if you decide to comment. :)