Sunday, August 21, 2016

Magical

Eric has been talking to me about the thoughts and feelings he has nestled deep within his heart.

That is the positive side of being forced to be apart; connections must be made in other ways.

I no longer fear where he stands when it comes to me. Perhaps that was all made up in my head.

I want to go camping to all of the places he loved as a child and have him tell me his favorite stories.

Then I want to create some stories of our own.

I want to travel to all of his favorite destinations and have him show me the world according to Eric.

Then I want to create the world according to us.

I want to finish what we've started here and begin again, away from it all, on a beach with an unlimited quantity of possibilities rolled out in front of us.

We both wanted to go cherry picking this spring but time got away from us.

When Eric gets home, I think we need to cherry pick our future,

so we know where we are going,

and can take the steps,

to get there.

Then I want to thrive, together, on a path that is uniquely our own.

Those of you who have already gotten there, make today magical.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, I hope your future together will be a magical one
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very sweet Jan. Thank you. Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Thank you even more, if you decide to comment. :)