Sunday, July 24, 2016

Don't you hate when that happens?!

Eric has been at work all weekend and is dealing with some stuff that he's got to get through in his own head.

I've been trying to stay out of his way, give him the space he needs while also being supportive.

Today, I was driving and saw one of those amazing visions in the sky - light, clouds, colors, etc.

I knew Eric would love it so I took a couple pics.  He had asked me to text when I got home but instead, I sent a sweet "thinking of you" email and attached the breath taking scene.

I headed out for a walk with my neighbor, grabbed a bite to eat and went home to crawl into bed.

Sleepy, I looked at my email one last time.

"Amy. I'm sure you did not take those while you were driving!!!!!!"

Uh, I am certainly not sleepy anymore.

Don't you hate when that happens?! Here I am, being a good wife and sharing a special moment but NOOOOO, Mr. "be safe on the road" completely misses the magic of photography and calls me out on an inappropriate venue.

I looked back at the pictures. Ugh. I am obviously driving.  There are cars in the side mirror, which is smack dab in the center of the image.

I know Eric is going to turn this into a huge deal tomorrow.

I imagine myself answering his question, "Why didn't you just pull over?" with the first thing that pops into my head.

"Because I was on the freeway and driving too fast to stop."

This is not going to go well.

Silence. That is my best option.

Silence and an apologetically pitiful expression.

It's been nice knowing you, Blog land.

Amy

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear, oh dear.....
    love and sympathy Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Your well meaning little gesture backfires on you .... But I have to say that photography whilst driving is dangerous though, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good I hope he bust your ass up! That is just plain stupid, and I'm not even going to apologize for being blunt. Using your phone while driving GETS PEOPLE KILLED! Some studies even show that it is worse than drinking and driving. NO photo is worth that. Honestly you could have messaged him later and just said, " The sky was so beautiful on the way home tonight. I wished you could have shared it with me" because next time maybe someone will see that beautiful sight for the last time due to your carelessness.

    willie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Amy hate to be in your shoes when Eric arrives home. SORRY but that was so dangerous driving whilst snapping photos.
    Good luck!
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL..have to laugh since I have been in similar situations..they catch every thing don't they??
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your comments. Eric has been dealing with some crap at work and this little incident ended with a sushi dinner and a thumbs up to Willie for the scolding. (You are right and I will keep my hands on the wheel and the phone on the console.) It's going to be a tough Fall but we are determined not to fall. I think anything is possible as long as we are together. Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Thank you even more, if you decide to comment. :)